RYLA (Youth Leadership)
Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA)
Purpose: To deliver an intensive six-day training program for young people aged 18 to 30 nominated by their local Rotary Club for their community youth leadership potential. The program covers fundamentals and ethics of: – positive leadership – communication skills – problem-solving and conflict management – Rotary’s purpose and service to the community – building self confidence and self-esteem and – elements of community and global citizenship.
The Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) Seminar is a unique week-long residential seminar held all over the world, run by youth for youth aged 18 – 30, focusing on stimulating, challenging, educating, enhancing and empowering participants in the areas of leadership, personal and professional development and service to the community.
Participants are sponsored by a Rotary Club and thereby participants are not required to provide funding for the experience.
The next International Rotary District 9810 RYLA Seminar will be held on Monday 4 July until Saturday 9 July at Lake Dewar Lodge, Myrniong Victoria.
In an enriching, supportive and inspiring environment, participants will have the opportunity to explore, develop and test drive new skills, perspectives and understanding, and enhance current skills, through seminars, workshops, activities, individual and group challenges, discussions and mentorship.
Every RYLA Seminar covers the following core topics:
- Fundamentals of leadership
- Ethics of positive leadership
- Importance of communication skills in effective leadership
- Problem-solving and conflict management
- Building self confidence and self-esteem
- Elements of community and global citizenship
- Rotary’s purpose and service to the community
Additionally, the Rotary District 9810 RYLA Seminar:
- Encompasses a diverse participant and Leadership Team cohort encompassing a wide range of experiences, skills, vocational fields and networks
- Develops invaluable intrapersonal, interpersonal and business skills, understanding and knowledge that equips its participants with an advantage and thereby often places participants a ‘step ahead’ of others
- Provides individual and group mentorship and tailored training
- Fosters an invaluable network of connections for its participants with services, organisations and leaders within the local, national and international communities
- Builds goodwill and understanding
RYLA Course 2016 – 4 July (Monday) to 9 July (Saturday) 2016
YMCA Lake Dewar Lodge – 339 Garrards Lane, Myrniong Victoria
Chairman: Tony McKenna Email: click here
Committee: Ros Clowes, Chris Martin, Kehela Vandenberg
RYLA 2016 Brochure: Click Here
RYLA 2016 Application Form: Click Here
RYLA 2016 Application Cover Sheet for Sponsoring Clubs: Click Here
- District 9810 Year 10 – Four-way Test Speaking Competition
- Model United Nations Assembly (MUNA)
- RYLA (Youth Leadership)
- Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment (RYPEN)
- Summer Science Programs
- Rotary Youth Exchange Program
- Other Youth Programs
- Interact Clubs
- Rotaract Clubs